Rivers Without Borders is a fiscally sponsored project of Tides Center in the U.S., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
They are NOT listed as a Canadian charity.
This group was noted to sending funding to a local Eco-radical group.
NOTE: This group financial interfere by sending money to Canadian Eco-radicals.
They are comprised of both Canadian and Americans. They cover mostly the river systems of northern BC and Alaska, in particular Alsek-Tatshenshini, Chilkat, Taku, Whiting, Iskut-Stikine, and Unuk. We have nothing notable to report other than their allegiance with other radical organizations. To get funding from the Tides Foundation, there are dangerous prerequisites that must be adhered to, for this reason alone there is reason to be concerned. One major issue of concern is that this organization may be just another anti mining lobby, and that they will target any new mining projects particularly on the BC side as they have already mined the Alaskan side of the panhandle.
Tides Canada has now renamed itself to MakeWay.
Staff and Associates
- Will Patric, Executive Director
- Chris Zimmer, Alaska Campaign Director
- Brian Lynch, Alaska Transboundary Watersheds Conservation Campaigner
- Jenafor Ryane, BC Transboundary Watersheds Conservation Campaigner
- Taylor Watson, BC Watershed Conservation Associate
- Tony Pearse, BC Mining Issues Technical and Policy Advisor
- Maya Stano, Senior Policy Advisor
- Erin Gray, BC Legal Advisor
- Ben Kirkpatrick, Steering Committee Chair
- Chantelle Schultz Steering Committee
- Patricia Thomson Steering Committee
- John Morris Steering Committee
- Frank Rue Steering Committee